Designed to allow you to fidget with cord whilst wearing hoodie.
The picture of Penny shown (with permission) has it tied off. We now secure with the break away clasps for appearance & flexibility (so it can transform into a necklace if preferred)
This began as a custom order for the awesome Penny Robinson - Autism advocate, lecturer at Monash University & Speaker, affectionately known as “hoodie girl” - with a number ordered from those that have seen hers we have decided to launch it for everyone. She was having difficulty with her standard cords fraying due to use so asked us to design something more robust. The rest as they say is history- Hoodie Caterpillar was born!
The easiest way to put it in is to tie it to existing cord and pull it through. When washing the hoodie you can remove it in the same way if you like. We fairly certain they will wash ok in the wash but not 100% sure a Penny values it so much she takes hers out to wash.
We have made them approx 115 cm long however you can shorten to desired length easily.
Please note they are made using cord that can frey over time due to friction. This is wear and tear and cannot be avoided. The time this takes to occur can depend on how the fidget is used.
If you end up not liking it as a hoodie cord you can shorten to be the same as our necklaces or hand fidgets
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences